Saturday, March 28, 2009

You People Make Me Sick!


So I was suspended over that “Murder Accusation” on our Fundrive show but at least I was happy that my audience called in and raised $5,150 to buy new equipment for the station – or so I thought. We had 43 people call in with pledges during our show, but apparently some of them were fake pledges called in by a prankster. Okay maybe it was more than a few, more like EVERY CALL WAS A FAKE PLEDGE.

Apparently the likes of Dick Tater, Holden McGroin, Anita Bath, Sue Flockey and Hugh Jass are not real people.

So to summarize:

$5,150 in phone pledges
$5,150 in fake pledges
$0 - Total amount of donations raised by listeners to What The?

I am not sure if this was more than one person but to call 43 times in 43 different names in 90 minutes is impressive.

I don’t like to throw people under the bus, but shouldn’t the phone operators do some kind of checking the people who call in with pledges? Kide was one of the operators and he is my good friend but he is not “street wise” or "wise in any way" so I don't expect anything less but you think the other two operators would realize what was going on?

So here are a few more of the names:

A. Payne-Diaz, Turner Luce, Luciano Pavearoadi (come on, you didn’t even try on this one), Hugo First, Gladys Overwith, Isabelle Ringing, Noah Fence, Dick Rasche, Mary Lynn King, Kareem Pye, Felicity Shagwell, Oliver Klohsoff, Iyama Pharding, Billy Obama, Steven Harper Jr, David Puddy, Brock Lee, Parah Sallin, Lionel Hutz
All three members of Nirvana:
Kurt Cobain (I think the fact that he has been dead for ten years should have been given it away), Kris Novelselic, Dave Grohl

Lucky for the station the listeners of other shows are not quite as sick and demented as CFUV raised $25,934. Thank you other listeners of CFUV and I would like to thank the What The? Listener for NOTHING.



No comments:

Post a Comment